Shine Don't Burn
Surreal moments realizing how affected more than another in a moment that changes you permanently never to look back. A Shiver of fall; a pop of fire. The road to where it begins never to look back.
A banjo begins while a blue drunkard flips my shoelaces; six strings chimes in. Right... despite destination, despite conclusion, never to look back. Soulful voice she sings then a story of a Scottish king he begins.
The guides are speaking, pushing, hugging, screaming never to look back. "Shine Don't Burn" echoes in my skull of the most affective voice my soul has known.
Facing, racing, fearing, seeing, hiding, believing. Beyond the sight of vision, hear it, eat it, sleep it, drink it, feel it, fight it, break it to love it, soul speak it, soul sing it, soul scream it, Wings Grip It!
Guitar blues soothes behind endless chatters of no matter never to look back.
- Alethea D. Devary
- 2021: Exit Strategy, Flux This Shift: Senior Group Show - University of KY, College of Fine Arts: http://www.bolivarartgallery.com/
- 2019: Bourbon Festival Distillery Art Show: Gallery On The Square, Bardstown, KY
- 2018: Bourbon Festival Distillery Art Show: Gallery On The Square, Bardstown, KY
- 2005: Advanced Student Photography Show: Barnhart Gallery, Lexington, KY
- 2004: University Lofts Open House Art Show: University Lofts, Lexington, KY
- 2004: Oswald Fine Art Scholarship Show: Ransdell Gallery, U.K. Student Center, Lexington, KY
- 2003: Carrie Ellis Juried Exhibition: Barnhart Gallery, Lexington, KY
- 2010: Jones Soda Company: FuFu Berry Flavor: Label: One Image, Staff Pick
- 2010: Front and Back Cover Art, Image and Design of R.S.V.P. A Faith Devotional by Sarah Finnigan
- 2009: Cover Art, Image and Design of front and Back Cover: Heart of the City: A Collection of Raw Verses by George M. Gentry;
- 2009: ‘Heart of the City’ Cover Image published: in The Lexington Herald Leader December 2009; Article: Troubled Teen Finds Calm and Success in Poetry
- 2008: Music Entertainment Magazine October 2008 Edition: One Image of Partly Cloudy, a Lexington, KY Rock Band
- 2007:: TopsinLex. Magazine: May 2007 Edition: Eight Images
- 2006:: The Limestone Journal of Art and Literature: One Image
- 2005: The Limestone Journal of Art and Literature: Two Images
- 2004: The Limestone Journal of Art and Literature: Two Images
- 2003:: Kara: Lady Rogue: Authors Image of J. Taylor Anderson
- 2003: The National College Photography Annual:: One Image, Competition Finalist
Honors and Recognitions
- 2021 Biographical Article: University of Kentucky UKNOW: UK Art Grad Overcomes Life's Challenges for Picture-Perfect End to College by Whitney Hale
- 2011: Biographical mention: ‘Play it From the Heart’ by J. Steven Moore - Chairman, Department of Music University of Central Missouri
- 2004: Biography in The National Deans List
- 2002: Joined Phi Sigma Theta National Honors Society
- 2001: University of Kentucky Deans List
- 1993: Bluegrass Honors Band: Marched for The Lord Mayors Day Parade in London England
- 1991 - 1995: Lafayette High School Marching Band-
- 1991: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade New York City: Santa Claus Band
- Clarinet Marching Season, Bass Clarinet Concert Season
- Kentucky State Champions 1991 - 1995
- 2021: University of Kentucky: College of Fine Arts: Bachelor of Arts
- Art Studio Major: Focus in Photography. Minor: Art History
- 2001: Beginning Black and White Photography: EKU Adult Community Ed. Program
- 1999: Beginners Photography: Lexington Evening Public Adult Ed. Program